Sunday, July 27, 2014

In The Beginning...


An introduction to a new found blog:

After a long personal debate with myself I have decided to start a new blog. My old one, Perceptions In Chronomorphosis, just wasn't doing it for me anymore. I really had no idea what I wanted to do with it when I first began writing in that blog — I had no theme in mind, much less did I know what to name it (hence the very pretentious title). It began with science and religion, then moved into politics, then general themes (e.g. masks, fear), and occasionally interspersed with posts on art and architecture. It having no real direction when it began, and thereafter gaining no real direction for the future, I have decided to quit the ghost on that blog and begin anew. In looking back on what I wrote in that blog over the course of four year I find much of what I wrote detestable with the occasional good idea — it reeks of an amateur polymath questioning a silence universe. So enough! I wish to begin again.

This blog, however, does have a direction: simply my thoughts, critique, and analysis of various artists and thinkers and their works. I will not present any new ideas or philosophies, but simply reflect on what others have written, filmed, painted, sculpted, and composed. This is not meant to be a pure criticism, for I loathe critics. I believe Mark Twain said it best: "The critic's symbol should be the tumble-bug: he deposits his egg in somebody else's dung, otherwise he could not hatch it." No, this is also meant to be analysis and exploration of philosophies, themes, symbols, and concepts.

I suspect, knowing myself, that there will not be much of a theme or format, for I may easily jump from an excerpt of poetry from E. A. Poe in one post to the ideals of architecture according to Bramante in another, then to the literary influences of Jules Verne in another. This will be the various analyses of ideas and themes and symbols in whatever is captivating my mind at the moment. I imagine that my own personal thoughts and sentiments will be interpolated from time to time. Whatever.

And so now it begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment